Wednesday, July 2, 2008

All the Obama Negatives in the World Can't Change my Mind

So, I have this friend who supports Obama.
Yes, we are still friends. :)

Let's see how short I can make this long story...

There was no swaying my friends opinion on Obama. As much as I have learned about Obama and as fast as I could go right to 10 sources to prove a point that we were discussing, from his rad associates to his pac of lies, from Obama's Unchristian beliefs to his Marxist philosophy, my friend had an argumental 'distancing' excuse for Obama, that he believed in, and there wasn't a dang thing I was going to say to change that defensive belief. It was very frustrating to think that my intelligent friend could ignore all of the growing lists of negative facts and still be unswayed in his belief that the facts were wrong, or didn't matter. To him the Media and Republicans were just making stuff up; even though it was the Democrats who had actually revealed most of the Obama dirt, while the Media protected him. There was no getting through to him. Sometimes, things just have to run the course to see a change.

Yesterday, my friend called and and said, "Hey, I just heard that Obama thinks it's ok to let aborted babies die in back rooms even though they are born alive! Is that True?"
My friend is pro-Choice...
I told him, "Yep."


Obama thinks that infanticide is A-ok.

Legislation was presented on the federal level and in various states called the Born Alive Infants Protection Act.
It stated all live-born babies were guaranteed the same constitutional right to equal protection, whether or not they were wanted.

What prompted this legislation was the discovery that Babies were being born alive and put into back rooms, or utility closets to die.

BAIPA sailed through the U.S. Senate by unanimous vote. Even Sens. Clinton, Kennedy and Kerry agreed a mother’s right to “choose” stopped at her baby’s delivery.

But in Illinois, the state version of BAIPA repeatedly failed, thanks in large part to then-state Sen. Barack Obama.

In a committee in 2001 and 2002, of which Obama was a member, Obama articulately worried that legislation protecting live aborted babies might infringe on women’s rights or abortionists’ rights.

Obama voted against the measure, twice. It ultimately failed.

In 2003, as chairman of the next Senate committee to which BAIPA was sent, Obama stopped it from even getting a hearing, shelving it to die much like babies were still being shelved to die in Illinois hospitals and abortion clinics.


Michelle Obama also came out with a letter calling for a luncheon get together to garner supporters to oppose the Born Alive Infants Protection Act.

Do you have to Wonder what was going on in Michell's Chicago hospital utility closets?

Sometimes you can talk til you're blue in the face - you can write til blood is squirtin from your eyes - you can present, to an Obama believer, all of the 'negatives in the world' with a list of arguments of what you think and what you believe - but in the end what mattered was what my friend thought and what he believed in. I didn't listen while I was arguing, and so I didn't get that.
We just hadn't found yet, out of Obama's long list of 'negatives', a single belief issue that struck his personal cord of disbelief.

"Are you serious?" he asked. "He voted against saving babies that were born alive!?!

"Yep."

"Oh, there's no dam way I am voting for that sick [- -] monster!"

Now my friend wants to hear some of the other things we have discussed in the past, because he says-
"I wasn't listening."

We were just buttin' heads.

For some, it will take Obama himself to 'change' them no matter what we say.

Keep talkin', Barry.

0 comments:

Post a Comment